Instructions to abstract presenters
Type of presentations
The World Meeting on Sexual Medicine will feature four types of abstract presentations:
- Oral Podium Presentations: max. 4 minutes presentation followed by max. 2 minutes discussion.
We ask you to prepare 5 slides: 1. Title with authors names / affiliations, 2. Disclosure information. 3.
Introduction and methods, 4. Results and 5. Discussion and Conclusions
- Video Presentations: max. 6 minutes for the video presentation followed by 2 minutes discussion.
- Moderated Poster Presentations: max. 3 minutes presentation followed by max. 2 minutes discussion. Moderated posters will be presented during daily Guided Poster Tours. Authors will present in front of their hanging poster, it is not possible to have a PowerPoint presentation
- Unmoderated Posters: presented as non-discussed digital e-posters only for the duration of the meeting, available through dedicated e-Poster Stations and on the Meeting Website.
Oral Podium Presentations
The rooms at the Lisbon Congress Center are equipped with notebooks/laptops. All presenters are required to project data directly from this equipment; presenting from a personal notebook/laptop is not possible.
We ask you to prepare max. 5 slides: 1. Title with authors names / affiliations, 2. Disclosure information. 3. Introduction and methods, 4. Results and 5. Discussion and Conclusions. Please upload your presentation no later than 90 minutes prior to your presentation at the “Speaker Center”.
Please bring your final presentation file on a flash drive to the “Speaker Center” no later than 90 minutes prior to the start of your session. Please have an on-line back-up ready in case your flash drive fails.
Moderated Poster Presentations during a Guided Poster Tour
The moderated posters will be located in the ‘Pavilhão 5’ Hall next to the exhibit area. Please hang your poster in time and remove it on the last day. Posters that have not been taken down in time will be removed and disposed of by the meeting venue.
Set up time: Thursday, March 1, 2018 08:00 am – 09:30 am
Poster to be removed: Saturday, March 3, 2018 02:00 pm – 04:00 pm
The maximum allowed height of your poster is 118,9 cm (46 in) and width is 84,1 cm (33 in) (A0 portrait style). . We advise you to use the ISSMESSM PowerPoint poster template when creating your poster. Material for attaching the posters to the poster walls is available in the poster hall.
Authors will present in front of their poster, please note it is not possible to have a PowerPoint presentation.
In order to give all participants the opportunity to view all posters without any hurry, all moderated posters will also be published on digital e-poster stations and on the official meeting website. Please submit a digital version of your moderated poster through the Presenter’s Portal at http://www.wmsm.org/present. You can use the same credentials as for your abstract submission or you can create a new profile.
Unmoderated Posters (digital e-posters only)
All unmoderated posters will be published on digital e-poster stations during the meeting and on the official meeting website. We advise you to use the ISSMESSM PowerPoint poster template when creating your poster. Please submit a digital version of your poster via the Presenter’s Portal, which can be accessed through the meeting website http://www.wmsm.org/present. You can use the same credentials as for your abstract submission or you can create a new profile.
Video Abstract Presentations
Digital Video Requirements:
- Length: Video submissions must not exceed 6 minutes in length.
- Codec H.264: The preferred codec is H.264.
A codec is the format in which your video will be encoded. H.264 files can be either: .MP4 or
.MOV video files.
- Frame rate: 24, 25, or 30 FPS (Constant)
Acceptable frame rates are: 24 (or 23.976), 25, and 30 (or 29.97).
Tip: It’s best to encode your final video at the same frame rate as the original.
- Bit rate: The preferred bit rate is 5,000 kilobits per second (kbit/s) for 720p HD video.
Bit rate controls both the visual quality of the video and its file size. Set the target to at least 2,500
kbit/s for standard definition (SD) video or 5,000 kbit/s for 720p HD video.
- Resolution: The preferred resolution is 1280x720p (16:9 aspect ratio) HD video.
- Audio: Preferred codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)
Use AAC-LC (low complexity) for the audio codec.
- Audio Data rate: 320 kbit/s:
Audio should be encoded at a constant rate of 320 kbit/s.
- Audio Sample rate: 48 kHz:
Set the audio sample rate to 48 kHz. If your original working setting was less than 48 kHz then
leave it as is.
Video Submission/Upload Procedure:
- Please submit your final video file by latest on February 1, 2018.
- Upload your video via ISSM’s WeTransfer account: https://issm.wetransfer.com and ensure the
recipient is set to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the ‘message’-section please mention the title of the abstract and the name of the presenting
- Click the ‘Transfer’-button.